Welcome to the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences! We look forward to working with you as you embark on your new academic journey. At the University of Pittsburgh, academic advising is required, and we place great emphasis on the advising process and relationship. Below, you will find the steps you will need to follow prior to coming to campus.
Freshmen Checklist: Admitted for Fall Terms
- Sign up for a PittStart session immediately.
- Determine if you have to take any placement exams.
- Complete online placement exams beginning April 11, 2016.
- Complete the online orientation after you receive the welcome letter from the Director of Advising.
- Complete the summary quiz and survey at the end of the online orientation, which enables you to schedule your fall courses.
We have Enrollment Resources for you if you need more help!
Freshmen Checklist: Admitted for Spring Terms
- Determine and complete any placement exams. Please complete and submit before you call to schedule an advising/registration appointment. (See step 3 below)
- Complete and submit the online orientation at least three days prior to the advising appointment that you are attending.
- Call the Advising Center at 412-624-6444 to schedule an individual advising/registration appointment.