BRIDGES students come from diverse backgrounds, but they share common goals: To find a community of supportive and like-minded friends on campus, to continue to perform at the top of their class, and to go on to do great things after graduation.
That’s what BRIDGES is here for. We’re a tight knit community of high-achieving students who support each other in maintaining academic excellence and preparing for graduate school or a career. We do it by building bridges that connect students to each other, to campus leaders, to resources and opportunities, to professional networks, and to lifelong success.
- You’ll meet new people, diverse scholarship recipients who share your motivations and challenges.
- You’ll partner with a peer mentor who will be there to support you throughout your time at Pitt and who can provide insight on making the most of your time here. All of our mentors started just where you are today, and have come up through BRIDGES throughout their time at Pitt. It’s where they found their fit—and where you can find yours.
- You’ll have a support network of people who share not just common goals, but also common challenges: Pressure to meet high expectations, a desire to make their families proud, excelling in their studies while building friendships and community on campus, succeeding in tough courses to get the grades that will get them where they want to go next.
- You’ll have a network of support to help prepare you for graduate school.
- You’ll have opportunities to build a professional network.
- BRIDGES is for underrepresented scholarship recipients, and our scholars come from diverse backgrounds.
- The BRIDGES program belongs to its members. You and your fellow scholars can shape and form the program to meet your specific needs and interests.
- Each student can customize a unique BRIDGES experience by deciding what parts of the program to take advantage of and when. The program is robust and available when you want it, but won’t conflict with your busy schedule when you don’t.
Generating Excellence in Scholarship
- You’ll have exclusive access to a variety of unique resources and opportunities on campus.
- You’ll learn insider tips and tricks to maximize—and balance—your time, academic performance, and social life.
- BRIDGES provides unique leadership opportunities that will help you grow as an individual and build marketable skills that look great on a résumé. As you progress through the program, you’ll have the opportunity to serve as a BRIDGES leader and even mentor incoming students.
Start Building Your Bridge to Success
Eligibility: BRIDGES is a program exclusively for underrepresented scholarship recipients. Eligible students are invited to join via mail and e-mail prior to the start of their first term. If you are an underrepresented student attending the University of Pittsburgh on a scholarship and have not received an invitation, please e-mail BRIDGES.email@example.com.