Your Resource at the Ready
Peer advisors are undergraduates who assist the Advising Center in its mission of providing personalized advising and support to all Dietrich School students. When it comes to helping their fellow students make the most of their Pitt experience, peer advisors possess the knowledge and skills to have a big impact thanks to their first-hand knowledge of the University environment.
"Emily doesn’t just encourage me to use my time here to build myself as a student; she connects me to opportunities to build myself as a person. Knowing my intended major and career considerations, she told me about the peer advising program. We both thought it would be a great opportunity to get some experience under my belt. ”
-Annabelle Racey (psychology, sociology, administration of justice)
Just as our professional academic advisors help you to write your Dietrich School story, peer advisors provide important supplemental information and support to students to assist them with utilizing the tools and resources necessary to be successful both inside and outside of the classroom.
Talk to a peer advisor about:
- Making the transition from high school to college;
- Navigating the process of registering for classes;
- Needing first-hand information about specific courses, departments, and instructors;
- Using CourseWeb and other University technology services;
- Finding interesting ways to get involved on campus;
- Discovering unique things to see and do in Pittsburgh;