To make an appointment with an Advisor, you will need to download a mobile app called Navigate Student. Navigate Student is an app that you’ll use from orientation through graduation. It will tip you off to important events coming up, can help you find the right fit major, connect you with support, allow you to make appointments with an advisor, and stay ahead of roadblocks.
This app is available in the App Store or Google Play Store, and you can search for it by typing “Navigate Student”.
- Once you download the app, you will be prompted to select your school (type in: University of Pittsburgh)
- You will be asked to sign in with your Pitt username and password
- You will be asked to authenticate your login using two-factor authentication You will be asked to authenticate your login using two-factor authentication (Learn more about two-factor authentication.)
- You will be prompted to fill out a short survey about your academic experiences and interests.
After you’ve taken these steps, use the app to schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor:
- Click on the purple “Appointments” button on the Explore menu
- Click the blue “Schedule an Appointment” bar at the bottom of the My Appointments screen
- Choose “Advising”
- Choose "Dietrich School Advising Center"
- Choose "201 Thackeray Hall - Advising Center"
- For Service, choose "DSAS - First Year Summer Advising"
- Choose an appointment time with your advisor that works
- In the comments field when scheduling an appointment, specify "In Person", "Skype", or "Phone".