Education & Training
- neuroscience major; sociology minor; Conceptual Foundations of Medicine Certificate
- High achievement in BIOSC 0110 (with Dr. Zapanta)
- High achievement in BIOSC 0120 (with Dr. Donovan)
- High achievement in NROSCI 0081 (with Dr. Bertholomey)
- High achievement in NROSCI 1000 (with Dr. Artim
- High achievement in PSY 0010 (with Dr. Ciccocioppo)
Courses supported: BIOSC 0110, BIOSC 0120, NROSCI 1000, NROSCI 0081, PSY 0010
Post-graduation goal: I plan on taking a year off to work as a dental assistant before going to dental school.
Area of Study
Tutoring Course numbers
Post- Graduation Plan
Why did you become a tutor?
I believe that the ability to teach and retell information holds value in any type of career and it is something that I genuinely enjoy. Tutoring these courses also helps me remember important material from introductory courses.
What is your favorite thing about the subject in which you tutor?
Biology and neuroscience provide a logical map in making sense of the human body. Psychology and neuroscience both uncover why humans are they way they are but through different methods.
What is the best study tip you have for a student taking one of the courses you tutor?
Relate details to the bigger picture; though memorization is inevitable in courses like biology and neuroscience, approaching these courses like a history course can make the memorization easier and possibly more enjoyable.
Why should students come to Study Lab?
Study Lab provides a unique experience where students who have gone through the actual course, successfully, can share what worked and what didn't work for them.