Education & Training
- neuroscience major, chemistry and statistics minor
- High achievement in CHEM 0310 (with Dr. Floreancig)
- High achievement in CHEM 0320 (with Dr. Floreancig)
- High achievement in NROSCI 1000 (with Dr. Fanselow)
- High achievement in PHYS 0110 (with Dr. Beamariage)
- Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for Dr. Fanselow's NROSCI 1000
Courses supported: CHEM 0310, CHEM 0320, NROSCI 1000, PHYS 0110
Post-graduation goal: Medical school (after working with translational research in my lab for a year!)
Area of Study
Tutoring Course numbers
Post- Graduation Plan
Why did you become a tutor?
Tutoring is a great way to introduce new study habits and methods, because everyone is different in what works for them. I became a tutor because, during my sophomore year, I figured out what method helps me understand certain material, and would like to share that with other students.
What is your favorite thing about the subject in which you tutor?
Subjects like organic chemistry and neuroscience do not really rely on previous background knowledge like other subjects, giving students a clean slate in understanding new material.
What is the best study tip you have for a student taking one of the courses you tutor?
Reorganizing your notes in ways that make you understand is essential. Don't be afraid of going out of the professor's chronology in order to group concepts together.
Why should students come to Study Lab?
It's a personalized experience in a pressure free environment!