Education & Training
- mathematics-economics major
- High achievement in ECON 0100 (with Dr. Zabelina)
- High achievement in ECON 0110 (with Dr. Kenkel)
- High achievement in ECON 1100 (with Dr. Shaver)
- High achievement in ECON 1110 (with Dr. Zabelina)
- High achievement in ECON 1200 (with Dr. Wilson)
Courses supported: ECON 0100, ECON 0110, ECON 1100, ECON 1110, ECON 1200
Area of Study
Tutoring Course numbers
Post- Graduation Plan
Why did you become a tutor?
I really like the more casual setting of tutoring as opposed to office hours, which can feel intimidating; and I genuinely enjoy alleviating some of the stress for a student having difficulty with a class because I know what it's like.
What is your favorite thing about the subject in which you tutor?
I think so much about econ is trying to model the way that people actually think. It feels incredibly applicable to real life thinking about how people respond to incentives.
What is the best study tip you have for a student taking one of the courses you tutor?
In almost every econ class, it's best to picture problem on a graph. Whether it's an equation or just a basic supply and demand problem, it always helps me to write it down so I can see it on paper.