Education & Training
- neuroscience and psychology majors; chemistry minor
- High achievement in CHEM 0310 (with Dr. Floreancig)
- High achievement in CHEM 0320 (with Dr. Floreancig)
- High achievement in NROSCI 1000 (with Dr. Artim)
- Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for CHEM 0310 (with Dr. Floreancig)
- Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for CHEM 0320 (with Dr. Bandik)
- Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for NROSCI 1000 (with Dr. Artim)
Courses supported: CHEM 0310, CHEM 0320, NROSCI 1000
Post-graduation goal: Medical school
Area of Study
Tutoring Course numbers
Post- Graduation Plan
Why did you become a tutor?
I went to tutoring during my organic chemistry sequence and I truly don’t think I would understand the material like I do know if I wouldn’t have went. I had such a great experience and made friends in process, so I decided I wanted help give other students the same experience I had!
What is your favorite thing about the subject in which you tutor?
I love how everything about organic chemistry is a never ending puzzle. Once you finally finish that long retrosynthesis problem, you feel euphoric. It’s such a rewarding subject in every aspect.
What is the best study tip you have for a student taking one of the courses you tutor?
Stay positive!!! Having an optimistic mindset is going to help you more than you can know!
Why did you seek out tutoring?
Organic chemistry terrified me. I had no idea how to even approach studying for exams.
What is the most valuable experience you had when you were being tutored?
Learning to not be embarrassed that something isn't making sense. Hearing things multiple times in different formats was what I needed to understand certain topics, which is perfectly fine!