Education & Training
- biological sciences major; Spanish, computer science, and chemistry minors
- High achievement in BIOSC 0150 (with Dr. Swigonova)
- High achievement in BIOSC 0160 (with Dr. Swigonova)
- High achievement in CHEM 0310 (with Dr. Bandik)
- Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for BISOC 0160 (with Dr. Brouwer)
Courses supported: BIOSC 0150, BISOC 0160, CHEM 0310
Post-graduation goal: I plan on going to medical school.
Area of Study
Tutoring Course numbers
Post- Graduation Plan
Why did you become a tutor?
I became a tutor not only because I want to help my peers, but also because I hope to instill in them a passion and appreciation for learning.
What is your favorite thing about the subject in which you tutor?
I love biology because it makes life understandable on both a micro and macro level. I like organic chemistry because it's a challenging puzzle that makes you feel so satisfied once you're able to solve it.
What is the best study tip you have for a student taking one of the courses you tutor?
For any course, I would suggest focusing on understanding the deeper meaning rather than simply memorizing concepts. This will both save a lot of time and help you remember what you learned longer.