Education & Training
- neuroscience major; chemistry, creative writing, and history minors; Medieval and Renaissance Studies Certificate
- High achievement in CHEM 0310 (with Dr. Nelson)
- High achievement in CHEM 0320 (with Dr. Bolt)
- High achievement in BIOSC 0150 (with Dr. O'Reilly)
- High achievement in BIOSC 0130 (with Dr. O'Reilly)
- High achievement in NROSCI 1000 (with Dr. Artim)
- High achievement in STAT 1000 (with Dr. Granered)
- Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for BIOSC 0150 (with Dr. O'Reilly)
- Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for BIOSC 00160 (with Dr. O'Reilly)
- Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for NROSCI 1000 (with Dr. Artim)
Courses supported: CHEM 0310, CHEM 0320, BIOSC 0150, BIOSC 0160, NROSCI 1000, STAT 1000
Post-graduation goal: Currently, I want to go to medical school and become a neurosurgeon.
Area of Study
Tutoring Course numbers
Post- Graduation Plan
Why did you become a tutor?
I became a tutor because I love the pursuit of knowledge and the challenge that is inherent to that pursuit, and wanted to help others learn to see the material in a way that excites them.
What is your favorite thing about the subject in which you tutor?
I love the problem solving skills they provide because, even after the specifics of the course are forgotten, the successful student has learned a method for analyzing problems in the world so to effectively go about solving them.
What is the best study tip you have for a student taking one of the courses you tutor?
Start early and do a little at a time so you never have to cram.
Why should students come to Study Lab?
Courses at Pitt can be challenging, and hearing the material from someone who had to work to understand it in much the same way can provide helpful insight to a successful semester.