Study Anytime, Anywhere
The Knowledge Drop
Get insider insight from our peer tutors, or build your study skills, no matter where you are or what time of day with Study Lab on Demand's video tutorials and online skill building modules.
The Knowledge Drop is a library of short video tutorials created by real Pitt students to explain core concepts on a variety of subjects. Have a question while studying? You don't have to wait until we're back in the office: Get tutoring support on the spot. Check out the Knowledge Drop video library for courses that you're taking below.
|BIOSC 0150||BIOSC 1000|
|CHEM 0110||CHEM 0120|
|CHEM 0310||CHEM 0320|
|ECON 1110||PHYS 0110|
|PHYS 0111||PHYS 0174|
Study Skills On Demand
Studying at Pitt isn't just about putting in the time; it's about how you use that time. With so much to explore, you want to achieve your best in the most efficient way possible so that you can get the most out of your Dietrich School experience. Strong study skills are the key. Check out some helpful tools below to learn about strategies for better time management, note-taking, active study tips and test taking. If you would like to dicuss any of these, or other strategies in more detail and learn how to apply these skills directly to your coursework, schedule an academic coaching session. Make a one-on-one appointment using the chat feature on this site or by calling 412-648-7920. You can also schedule online through the Navigate Student App. Academic Coaching sessions are available Monday through Friday and typically last about 30-45 minutes.
- Bozeman Science - Informative videos for a variety of science fields: biology, physics, chemistry, and environmental science.
- Crash Course - Engaging videos covering topics in history, biology, chemistry, physics, literature and more.
- Dr. Chew - Check out Dr. Chew's 'How to Study Video Series" on Youtube.
- jOeCHEM - jOeCHEM is a Pitt alumn who teaches organic chemistry through fun and entertaining videos.
- Khan Academy - Khan Academy provides free lectures for an array of subjects.
- The Organic Chemistry Tutor - This Youtube channel focuses on providing tutorial videos on organic chemistry, general chemistry, physics, algebra, trigonometry, precalculus, and calculus.
- Shomu's Biology - Extensive collection of biology lectures that cover topics from foundations of biology to microbiology, biochemistry, genetics and human physiology.
- Sprouts - Sprouts has a library of videos to help you learn different study techniques.