Anthony and Concetta Ambrosio Internship Award
The Anthony and Concetta Ambrosio Internship Award provides $5,000 to support a Dietrich School undergraduate who has received an unpaid, summer academic internship. The internship might be one that takes place in Pittsburgh or any other location.
Eligible Dietrich School undergraduates...
- have applied to an unpaid internship for summer 2022
- are rising junior or senior
- have a minimum GPA of 3.0
Apply online by April 4, 2022
CEIP James C. Gaither Junior Fellows Program
The Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (CEIP) Junior Fellows program is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing cooperation between nations and promoting active international engagement by the United States. The Junior Fellows program is designed to provide substantive work experience for those students who have an identified career interest in the area of international affairs. Junior Fellows provide research assistance to scholars working on Carnegie Endowment projects, such as nonproliferation, democracy building, Middle East political reform, trade and environment, economics, international security, international economics, South Asian politics, China-related issues, and Russian and Eurasian affairs. Visit the CEIP website for more information.
All application materials must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 29, 2021. Writers of recommendation may e-mail their letters separately, but they are still due by the November 29 deadline. The OUR works with finalists to submit revised application to CEIP by early January, 2022.
- a completed CEIP James C. Gaither Junior Fellows Program application;
- an essay, one page or less, double spaced, on why you would like to become a Junior Fellow (please include your name on each page);
- a one-to-two-page résumé (including phone number, address, extracurricular activities, and work experience);
- two recommendations, at least one of which should be from a professor from your major department;
- unofficial transcript(s) for all college-level coursework; and
- an essay of no more than three typewritten, double-spaced pages on a topic you are interested in researching as a Junior Fellow at the Carnegie Endowment. The essay is intended to test skills in analysis, logic, and written expression. The essays are to be thought pieces, not research papers. Please refer to the application for the essay prompts.
Application: CEIP James C. Gaither Junior Fellows Program
Application Deadline: November 29, 2021