First Experiences in Research Information Sessions
First Experiences in Research (FE-R) provides students the opportunity to conduct 5-10 hours of research per week, alongside a faculty mentor. Participants will earn 1 or 2 academic credits in ARTSC 0120 during the spring term, 2023. To apply, students must register for and attend a virtual 45-minute information session the week of September 26, 2022.
- Monday, September 26 at 12:00-12:45pm
- Tuesday, September 27 at 5:00-5:45pm
- Wednesday, September 28 at 5:00-5:45pm
- Thursday, September 29 at 5:00-5:45pm
New York City and London Field Studies Information Sessions
The Dietrich School’s field studies programs complement a spring term’s worth of independently-designed, faculty-mentored research with either a week-long intensive experience in New York City over spring break, or a two week-long intensive study in London. The OUR funds approximately 95% of the program costs. Students interested in learning more about these two field studies programs should register for an information session.
- September 22 at 5:00-5:45pm | Posvar 1429 and virtual
- September 26 at 5:00-5:45pm | Posvar 1429 and virtual
Proposal Writing Workshop
Learn to craft a proposal for your independent, faculty mentored research opportunities, such as the Dietrich School field studies programs or Summer Undergraduate Research Awards.
- October 6 at 5:00-5:45pm | Posvar 1429 and virtual
Undergraduate Mentor Information Session
Learn from your peers about how to get involved with research and creative activity at the University of Pittsburgh.
- October 10 at 5:00-6:00pm | Virtual
- October 11 at 5:00-6:00pm | Virtual
- October 13 at 5:00-6:00pm | Virtual
Forbes & Fifth Submission Deadline: October 7, 2022
Forbes & Fifth publishes undergraduate works of research, creative writing, and scholarly articles, in addition to works of visual art. Students interested in submitting work should do so by October 7.