Virtual and in-person tutoring appointments for the fall semester begin Sunday, September 12.
Study with a Guide
One-on-One Tutoring Appointments
Appointments are one hour long and can take place virtually or in-person. Students can schedule up to two appointments per week, per subject. Appointments can be made up to three weeks in advance. To make a one-on-one appointment, schedule online through the Navigate Student App, call 412-648-7920, or chat with us on our website.
Tutoring Hours for Fall 2021
- Mondays–Thursdays from 9:00am–4:30pm
- Fridays from 9:00am–3:30pm
In-person tutoring takes place in these locations:
- G-1 Gardner Steel Conference Center (All Subjects)
- McCarl Center on ground floor of Posvar Hall (ECON & STATS)
Make the most of your tutoring session
Study Lab has put together a few tips and tricks to help you make the most of your tutoring session, including how to schedule, how to connect with your tutor virtually, and additional guidance for whether you choose to meet virtually or in-person.
Drop-in tutoring is available for select courses on Sundays through Wednesdays from 6:00–9:00pm in Hillman Library. Form a study group with like-minded students or get your questions answered on the spot by a peer tutor. Review the schedule of courses available for drop-in tutoring sessions during the Fall 2021 term.
How Does it Work?
- Check out the complete list of courses for which peer tutoring is available.
- You can schedule a tutoring session online by using the Navigate Student App. You can also schedule by using the chat feature on this site or calling 412-648-7920 during our normal business hours, Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5pm.
- If you scheduled an in-person tutoring appointment, you will just show up to Study Lab at the time of your appointment and check-in at the front desk. If you scheduled a virtual tutoring appointment, you will receive a link to your tutor's virtual classroom in your appointment confirmation and reminder from Pathways. At the time of the appointment please check-in to your appointment on the Navigate app before joining your tutor in the classroom by clicking the URL included in your appointment confirmation. If you have any problems connecting please contact us at 412-648-7920 or email us.