We're glad you're here! This page will help connect you to resources that may be helpful as you prepare to begin your Dietrich School story.
Preparing for Academic Advising
Once you have completed the Academics Module of the online orientation and submitted your required survey, you will receive an e-mail invitation to schedule your required academic advising appointment. Your advising appointment is going to be an active collaboration, so be prepared and ready to engage in the process. We really want to get to know you, so be sure to share information with us about yourself and your goals.
You are ready for your advising appointment if you have:
- Completed the academic module of the online orientation, submitted the required survey and scheduled your required academic advising appointment.
- Reviewed the placement guidelines and taken any assessments that apply to you. Placement assessments are required for some courses offered in Biological Sciences, English Composition, Mathematics, Music Theory, and Languages before you can enroll.
- Reviewed the major/minor/certificate information sheet(s) for the program(s) you are interested in exploring.
- Written down a list of questions to ask your academic advisor.
- Added your anticipated courses to your shopping cart. Don't remember how to do this? Review this video:
- Considered attending an optional pre-enrollment information session with our advising and Peer Advising staff. You will receive an email from Pathways inviting you to sign up once you have completed your advising survey, but you can also schedule an appointment using the Navigate Student app. Look for the Dietrich School Academic Advising location and the DSAS - Group Advising service type. Your appointment confirmation email will include the Zoom meeting link. Questions about signing up? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (412) 624-6444.
- Set up your Zoom account by following these instructions from Pitt IT. Be sure to click on the link included in your appointment confirmation email to initiate the Zoom meeting just prior to your scheduled appointment time. You will be entered into the waiting room, and your advisor will admit you when it is time to begin.