Receiving Test or Transfer Credits

Credits for AP/IB/A-Level Exam Scores

If you have taken Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or A-Level exams, please consult this website to see what course credits you could be awarded to apply toward your Dietrich School degree depending on the scores you earn. 

Please note: To receive credits by examination, you will need to have your official score report sent to the University of Pittsburgh's Office of Admissions and Financial Aid.

Items to Remember:

  • If you are expecting test credits for a course that is a prerequisite for a more advanced course you are interested in taking, please discuss this with your academic advisor during your initial advising meeting. If you do not earn the necessary score to receive credits for a prerequisite course, you will need to adjust your schedule accordingly.
  • If you decide to enroll in a course for which you have already received credits as a result of your AP/IB/A-Level exam scores, you will forfeit those credits after the third week of classes (at the extended drop deadline), even if you decide to withdraw from the course or resign from all of your courses during the term.

Credits for College Courses Taken during High School

If you have completed any College in High School, Dual Enrollment, or other college/university coursework during your high school career, please request to have an official transcript from those institution(s) sent to the Dietrich School's Office of Student Records to evaluate your coursework for any applicable transfer credits that may be awarded. This transcript should come from an accredited college or university and not from your high school.

Official transcripts can be sent electronically to or by mail to:

Office of Student Records
Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
208 Thackeray Hall
139 University Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15260