To make an appointment with a Dietrich School Academic Advisor, you will need to download a mobile app called Navigate-Student or access Navigate-Student through MyPitt.
To download the app, search for "Navigate Student" in the App Store or Google Play Store.
Once you download the app, you will be prompted to select your school (type in: University of Pittsburgh)
You will be asked to sign in with your Pitt username and password
You will be asked to authenticate your login using two-factor authentication (Learn more about two-factor authentication.)
You will be prompted to fill out a short survey about your academic experiences and interests.
After you’ve taken these steps, use the app to schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor:
- Click on the purple “Appointments” icon at the bottom of the home screen.
- Click the blue “Schedule an Appointment” button.
- Choose “Advising” as the type of appointment.
- For Service, choose the service type that is most appropriate for you, e.g. DSAS- Advising 30 or 45 minutes.
- Pick a date for the appointment or leave it as the default
- Click the blue "Find Availability Time" button
- Choose the date/time that works for you
- Include in the COMMENTS area the reason for the appointment and/or any questions or concerns you wish to address.
- Be sure to click the "schedule" button to confirm your appointment.
- The information for your advisor's Zoom meeting room will be incldued in the appointment confirmation email. Please keep that message for future reference.
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment:
- On the Navigate student app, go to My Appointments > Upcoming > Click on your appointment > Cancel Appointment
- Then you can use the link sent to you by your advisor or the app or web version to schedule another appointment.